A warning has been issued to watch out for snakes in Gower after a woman was hospitalised when she was bitten by a baby adder.
The snake was lying in longer rough grass by a beach car park and left two pin-prick-like puncture wounds on the woman's toe.
Despite initially feeling fine, the woman headed to Prince Phillip Hospital in Llanelli where she began vomiting uncontrollably, shaking and passing out.
The incident happened on Saturday afternoon in Llangennith where the woman had gone surfing with her partner.
She remains in hospital but doctors are said to be happy her inflammation is now under control.
A spokesperson for Rhossili Coastguard said people must be aware of the dangers of snakes in long grass.
If you do get bitten by a snake, the NHS recommends you remain calm and don't panic, seek immediate medical attention, and try to remember the shape, size and colour of the snake.
Earlier this year, dog walkers were warned to be aware of the snakes in long grass.
The woman's husband, who did not want to be named, said it was an unfortunate incident but that people should not be afraid of the snakes.