Gareth Bale has not travelled with Real Madrid to a pre-season tournament in Germany.
It comes after after his proposed move to Chinese club Jiangsu Suning fell through when it was reported he was expected to sign a three-year deal worth a reported £1million a week.
Real will play Bale's former club Tottenham at the Audi Cup on Tuesday, with hosts Bayern Munich and Turkish side Fenerbahce also involved in the four-team tournament.
The Spanish giants said on the club website on Monday that Bale had not trained outside with the main group, working inside instead with injured team-mate Luka Jovic.
Real later announced their Germany-bound squad and Bale's name was missing from the 24-player list.
Last week Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane said Bale was "very close to leaving" and his exit would be "best for everyone" after omitting him from their pre-season friendly against Bayern Munich.
"He wasn't included in the squad because the club is working on his departure and that's why he didn't play," Zidane said.
"Let's hope, for everyone's sake, that it happens soon. The club is dealing with the club that he'll move to."
Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett had labelled Zidane a "disgrace" over the handling of his client and maintains any transfer will be done in the best interests of the Welshman.
"There will be no makeshift deals to get him out of the club. Gareth is one of the best players on the planet. I can guarantee you he will not be going on loan to any club," Barnett told Sky Sports News.