Detailed plans have been published for a bid for Unesco World Heritage site status for slate industry sites in North West Wales.
If it is successful the area will join sites like Australia's Great Barrier Reef and the Acropolis in Greece.
The sites include:
- Dinorwig Slate Quarry Mountain Landscape
- Penrhyn Slate Quarry and Bethesda,and the Ogwen Valley to Port Penrhyn
- Nantlle Valley Slate Quarry Landscape
- Gorseddau and Prince of Wales Slate Quarries,Railways and Mill
- Ffestiniog: its Slate Mines and Quarries,‘city of slates’ and Railway to Porthmadog
- Bryneglwys Slate Quarry,Abergnolwyn Village and the Talyllyn Railway
- Aberllefenni Slate Quarry
A public consultation is open until 30th of September..