A police watchdog says a former police officer who engaged in sexual activity on duty with a vulnerable man she was assigned to has "no place in policing".
The Independent Office for Police Conduct said an application will be made to put former North Wales Police officer Andrea Griffiths on the "barred list", which will stop her from applying for any policing jobs in the future.
Griffiths resigned her position on Monday and admitted "sexual activity" with the man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, before the start of a misconduct hearing at North Wales Police's headquarters in Colwyn Bay. She declined to appear at the tribunal.
The panel decided she was guilty of gross misconduct on her admission that she engaged in "sexual activity" in June, 2015, and ruled she would have been sacked had she not resigned her position.
Griffiths had been a serving police officer since June 2001. The hearing heard she was in a "position of trust" and she had "particular knowledge of the vulnerabilities of the complainant".
Her legal representative Nick Walker read out a statement on behalf of Griffiths at the start of the misconduct hearing.
The statement said: "I recognise I shouldn't have had sexual contact with Mr X... I accept gross misconduct and deeply regret that it happened.
"To avoid further embarrassment to everyone I have resigned forthwith from North Wales Police."
Chair of the meeting Susan Davies said: "PC Griffiths knew of Mr X's personal and medical issues while she took part in that sexual activity, whilst on duty.
"She breached standards of honesty and integrity, specifically integrity. She behaved in way that was discreditable to North Wales Police.
"We found that conduct so serious that dismissal would be justified and therefore amounts to gross misconduct."