Mark Drakeford will set out how £1.1bn will be spent supporting businesses and public services here in Wales to face the emergency measures which have been imposed to try to slow the spread of the illness.
The money comes from existing Welsh Government budgets but it's not yet clear which programmes have been cut or postponed to free up the extra funding. Last week the Finance Minister held individual talks with every minister to see how much could be diverted.
The Welsh Conservatives have welcomed the news but say there remain questions about how the money will be spent.
I and my Welsh Conservative colleagues hope to be able to welcome this package, but as ever, the devil is in the detail, and the funding must go to the right places at the right time. Also, we need to see consistency in the Welsh Government’s approach. Last week, the Welsh Government said it would match the support package laid out by the Chancellor, Rishi Sunak, to help English businesses. However, the Welsh Government decided not to give rate relief to businesses with a rateable value of over £500,000 just days before confirming it would.
Mark Drakeford will make the announcement in the Welsh Government's now-daily press conference.
He is also likely to face further questions about the Welsh NHS's coronavirus testing systems. The Health Minister was forced to announce a new plan at the end of last week after a written agreement which had been reached with a company to supply tests fell through.
said that from this week, the Welsh NHS will be able to carry out more than 1,000 tests a day and by mid-April up to 5,000 a day. Those tests will be given to patients with suspected coronavirus, frontline NHS staff and those classed as 'extremely vulnerable.'There'll also be . Last Tuesday the First Minister said he was minded to order their closure but promised guidance within 24-36 hours.That guidance still hasn't been published and there were reports that a call to close construction sites by Mr Drakeford along with Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon, London mayor Sadiq Khan and the First Minister and Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland were overruled by the Prime Minister in a Cobra meeting last week.
It says there are up to seventy incidents of 'harmful narratives' identified each week including misinformation and criminal fraud based around phishing scams.
Ministers are urging the public not to share dodgy information online.
Holding your breath for ten seconds is not a test for coronavirus and gargling water for 15 seconds is not a cure - this is the kind of false advice we have seen coming from sources claiming to be medical experts.
We will not hesitate to go further if that is what the scientific and medical advice tells us we must do. It’s important for me to level with you – we know things will get worse before they get better. But we are making the right preparations, and the more we all follow the rules, the fewer lives will be lost and the sooner life can return to normal.
It emerged over the weekend that the lockdown period . Neil Ferguson, the Imperial College London scientist who's been advising the UK Government suggested the stringent measures could last until June with social distancing still being advised long after that date.
The National Assembly is technically beginning its Easter recess this week however the Business Committee is discussing arrangements regularly in order to adapt to fast moving changes and a change to the rules last week allow AMs to meet as an 'emergency Senedd' when required. It's likely that will take place this week via video conferencing.
Coronavirus: Everything you need to know