- 3 updates
Welsh Liberal Democrats are setting out ways to encourage more young people to take up apprenticeships. Business spokesperson Eluned Parrott says it should be considered in the same way as applying to attend university.
The Welsh Liberal Democrats are setting out a series of ideas which they say would encourage more young people to consider taking up apprenticeships.
- A schools liaison programme to boost the image of apprenticeships
- Apprentice Ambassador scheme
- Competitions to celebrate skills
- University-style application process including clearing
- A single information, application and support system
Business spokesperson Eluned Parrott said:
Welsh Liberal Democrats are to set out a series of steps aimed at encouraging more young people to take up apprenticeships. They're say the numbers on apprenticeship placements fell by a third between 2006 and 2011 and accuse the Welsh Government of failing to do enough to reverse the fall.