Live updates


Appeal for missing teen last seen shopping in Bangor

Police are appealing for help tracing a 15 year-old who was last seen shopping on Bangor High Street.

Credit: North Wales Police

North Wales Police says Moray Peacock-Howie from the Dolgellau area has not been seen since about 5.15pm on Monday 12th October.

Moray is 5’10 and slim. When last seen he was wearing a khaki coloured green Parka coat with a white fur hood, a white Tee shirt, dark blue Nike tracksuit bottoms and dark blue Nike trainers. He also wore a black beanie hat with a red ‘NIKE’ logo.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 and quote Missing Person Ref 14140.

Police appeal after Dolgellau explosion

Police were called to Fro Heulog in Dolgellau on Sunday evening

North Wales Police is appealing for information after a man was injured in an explosion in Dolgellau.

The incident happened in the rear yard of a property at Fro Heulog on Sunday evening.

The occupant of the property suffered serious, but not life-threatening injuries, and is being treated at a specialist unit in Stoke. Forensic investigations are continuing at the property.

DCI Iestyn Davies said: "The investigation is at an early stage and we are working with specialists to try and identify the cause of this explosion. Minor damage was caused to items in the rear yard of the property, but no damage was caused to adjoining buildings.

"This is very much an isolated incident but I would welcome any information from the public in Dolgellau about what happened."

Anyone with information is asked to contact North Wales Police on 101.

Man died minutes after being discharged from hospital

A coroner has called for further inquiries after a man was discharged from hospital in Wrexham, but then died minutes later.

Ian Diamond, who was 62 and from Dolgellau, had lung cancer.

Opening an inquest today, coroner John Gittins said Mr Diamond had been admitted to the accident and emergency department at Wrexham Maelor Hospital on 6 September, after coughing up blood.

Ian Diamond died minutes after being discharged from Wrexham Maelor Hospital.

After a check-up, he was told he was fit to go home, but only got as far as the cafe before coughing up more blood.

He was rushed back to the A&E department but died soon afterwards.

A post-mortem examination revealed he died of pulmonary haemorrhage, but the coroner said further investigations were required, as it was his duty to try to prevent future deaths.


£1.7m mountain biking centre opens

The centre could boost the local economy Credit: PA

A new state-of-the-art mountain biking skills area at Coed y Brenin Forest Park will be officially opened today by John Griffiths AM, the Minister for Culture and Sport.

It's hoped the £1.7 million development near Dolgellau will become one of the premier mountain bike destinations in the world, attracting thousands of visitors to ride the trails every year, bringing an important boost to the local economy.

Load more updates