Several transport offices will be affected today as workers for the Department for Transport take strike action over pay and conditions.
- DVLA offices in Swansea, Bangor and Cardiff
- The DfT Shared Service Centre in Swansea
- Maritime & Coastguard Agency staff in Swansea, Holyhead and Milford Haven
- Vehicle & Operator Services Agency staff at the agency's office in Swansea and goods vehicle testing stations around Wales
- Driving Standards Agency staff at driving test centres and an administrative office in Cardiff.
- Llanishen Tax Office
In the lead up to industrial action Cabinet Minister Francis Maude suggested rather than take strike action and lose pay we could just take 15 minutes out to protest. This November 30th we are taking him at his word and organising such a protest in our workplaces.
More top news
The Welsh Government says the pilot aims to support low-income families with the extra costs during the summer schools holidays.
After a soggy day across much of Wales things will start to settle down over the weekend with a return to hot summer sunshine next week!
Alaphilippe completed the 27km course in 35 minutes flat, 14 seconds faster than second placed Thomas.