A restored figurehead from a 19th century Royal Navy ship, HMS Calcutta, has begun its journey from Devon to the National Museum of the Royal Navy in Portsmouth.
The ship was built from teak in Bombay in India and launched there in 1831.
She was decommissioned in Plymouth in 1908 and sold for breaking up.
The figurehead, which stands 15 feet tall, was removed and given to the First Sea Lord, Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher upon his retirement.
It stood at his home Kilverstone Hall near Thetford in Norfolk.
It has been acquired by the National Museum of the Royal Navy and restored by Devon sculptor Rod Hare at his workshop in Bickleigh beside the River Exe.