A coroner has questioned whether a UK-based inquest into the death of Anni Dewani should go ahead.
Bristol businessman Shrien Dewani was cleared of orchestrating the killing of his new bride who was fatally shot in a car jacking as the couple drove through the outskirts of Cape Town on November 14 2010.
This morning, at a pre-inquest hearing at North London Coroner's Court, Anni's father Vinod Hindocha, 66, and uncle Ashok Hindocha, 55, argued Mr Dewani should appear at an inquest to answer questions.
But coroner Andrew Walker told the family that Mr Dewani has a right not to answer questions that may incriminate himself and raised doubts over whether an inquest will take place.
My view, members of the family, is that in these circumstances it would serve no purpose to hold an inquest because I would not be able to answer the questions that an inquest sets out to answer.
34-year-old Mr Dewani was extradited to South Africa last year but the case collapsed after a judge found that it was "riddled with inconsistencies".
It meant he walked free before having to give evidence and has never spoken publicly about what happened.
Ashok Hindocha told today's hearing that there were discrepancies between what Mr Dewani had told the family, the press and the South African police, and asked for a "chance to hear the right story from him".
The main reason is that we would like to know what really happened.
I would say (to Mr Dewani) 'Be a man and come forward and say something'.
We have 10 or 15 questions that we need to be answered.
The inquest into Mrs Dewani's death opened in 2010 but was suspended pending the criminal investigation. Mr Walker said that another hearing would be held on October 9.