Thousands of steam enthusiasts are expected to descend on Tarrant Hinton near Blandford Forum for the start of the Great Dorset Steam Fair.
The annual five-day event is one of Europe's largest events celebrating all things steam and takes place across almost 600 acres.
Some 200 working steam engines will be on show with thousands of other exhibits including a steam-driven funfair and food stalls.
The fair has been brought forward this year to avoid clashing with the start of the school term, and is running Thursday August 25 to Monday August 29.
This year the centenary anniversary of the First World War will be commemorated with a WW1 tribute display.
All you need to know:
What time does it open?
- Gates for the fair open at 8am, but the carparks are open from 7am.
- The carpark closes at 1am, but can park overnight for a fee.
Is there local transport?
- Damory Coach Companywill be providing buses directly into the Great Dorset Steam Fair site from Salisbury and Blandford.
When do the arenas open?
- Arena 1: Heavy Haulage Arena - 11am - 6pm
- Arena 2: 11am - 4pm (7pm on Sunday)
- Arena 3: The Sid Wallace Heavy Horse Ring - 10am - 5pm
- Arena 4: 12pm - 3 pm
- Countryside Arena: 10.30am - 4.25pm