Two adults & child hospitalised after carbon monoxide poisoning

Credit: ITV News

Two adults and a child have been taken to hospital after they showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

It's after Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service were called to a property in the village of Nanpean near St Austell on Saturday 14 January, and found a positive reading for the harmful substance.

The crew used two gas detectors in two adjoining properties that both gave a positive reading.

Crews extinguished the source of the carbon monoxide, ventilated and then tested again with gas detector to make sure all was safe.

The resident in the neighbouring property was unaffected.


Often being mistaken for flu, viruses or even food poisoning, the most common symptoms include:

  • nausea

  • headaches

  • dizziness

  • tiredness and feeling disorientated