Six people taken to hospital in carbon monoxide scare

Six people have been taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters were called to Centenary Row West in Camborne at around 11.30pm last night, Sunday 26 February.

One of the occupants dialled 999 after their carbon monoxide alarm went off and people inside were feeling unwell.

It is a good idea to fit a carbon monoxide detector like this one in your home Credit: ITV News

People are advised to fit carbon monoxide detectors in their properties and to watch out for the signs.

What are the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?

Often being mistaken for flu, viruses or even food poisoning, the most common symptoms include:

  • headaches

  • nausea

  • breathlessness

  • dizziness

  • collapse

  • loss of consciousness

Credit: Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service

Carbon monoxide fume can be potentially fatal.

If you have symptoms that you think could be caused by carbon monoxide poisoning, leave the area straight away and call 999, Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service advises.