A Grade II listed thatched property has been reduced to a "shell" in a fire.
Fire crews are still dampening down the home Clannaborough in Bow, between North Tawton and Crediton in Devon.
It has been confirmed the fire started in a room upstairs and it then spread to the thatch.
By the time firefighters arrived the property was already well alight.
On further inspection as the fire progressed the property was deemed to dangerous to enter because of concerns over its two supporting chimneys and high winds.
However, a salvage team were able to save personal possessions from inside the property.
Fire crews will continue to stay there for a number of hours to dampen it down what little is left of it.
The fire caused disruption to nearby roads and public transport. Traffic was diverted away from the area and Stagecoach had to suspended its 5a and 5b services.
An emergency call was made by the owner at around 5am, saying there was smoke in the kitchen and flames could be seen outside.
Crews from North Tawton, Crediton, Danes Castle, Chulmleigh, Okehampton and Witheridge, together with a water carrier from Danes Castle and command support vehicle from Honiton, were quickly at the scene.
The fire was found to be at one end of the property.
By 6pm, more help was requested, and a four more fire engines were sent out, along with a foam tender, water carrier.
By 8am, the roof and first floor were well alight, and crews had also been attempting to protect another thatched property near by with compressed air foam.