Wiltshire Police have declared a major incident in the county due to the poor weather conditions.
They are urging residents to stay at home today, only making journeys that are absolutely necessary.
Several reports of blocked roads, jack-knifed lorries and abandoned vehicles have been made this morning as well as overnight, following the heavy snowfall.
The military have been deployed across the country and will be providing 4x4 vehicles to assist with the situation in Wiltshire.
The A303 and the A346 are some of the worst affected roads in the county.
Volunteers from the Red Cross have been assisting on the A346 by transporting drivers to the nearby service station and providing food, drink and blankets.
Other roads that have been affected include:
- A345 Old Sarum
- A4361 Wroughton
- A346 Beckhampton
- A345 near High Post
- A303 Willoughby Edge service station area road
- The Royal Wootton Bassett Brinkworth Road
- The A346 Chisledon - Marlborough
- A4361 Wroughton to Avebury
- A338 at East Grafton
- A lorry is currently jack knifed on the A342 at Ludgershall, just past Shaw Hill. The road is blocked
- The Alton Barnes area between Pewsey and Devizes is currently blocked due to abandoned vehicles.
People are urged to call 101 to report any information or call 999 in an emergency.