According to Prostate Cancer UK most men with early prostate cancer don’t have any signs or symptoms.
What changes might you notice?
- difficulty starting to urinate or emptying your bladder
- a weak flow when you urinate
- a feeling that your bladder hasn’t emptied properly
- dribbling urine after you finish urinating
- needing to urinate more often, especially at night
- a sudden urge to urinate – you may sometimes leak before you get to the toilet
As prostate cancer develops, you may notice symptoms including:
- back pain
- hip pain or pelvis pain
- problems getting or keeping an erection
- blood in the urine or semen
- unexplained weight loss.
Prostate Cancer UK says these symptoms can also be caused by other things that aren’t prostate cancer, but it is still a good idea to get any symptoms checked out by your GP.
Where can I find more information?