Television presenter Nick Knowles asked a judge if he could still "drive home" seconds after being banned for speeding and using a mobile phone.
The host and former I’m A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! contestant made the joke following a hearing at Cheltenham Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday (June 12).
The 56-year-old had previously admitted exceeding 70mph in his Range Rover on the A417 Brockworth Bypass in Gloucester, while using his phone, on January 28.
Knowles told magistrates he had a hands-free kit in his car but was holding his phone due to a “dodgy power lead”.
He received six points on his licence for the offence, which resulted in a six-month driving ban as he already six points on it.
He was also told to pay more than £1,500 in fines and costs.
But the TV host didn’t appear too bothered by the ban, jokingly asking the judge in court if he could “still drive home” seconds after being sentenced.
Presiding justice Andrew Hill told Knowles, from Cirencester, Gloucestershire, was not amused.
Knowles responded: "I can drive home, right?"
Mr Hill replied: "No."
Knowles then told him: "I'm joking."
He was fined £666 for speeding and £666 for using his phone, with a victim surcharge of £66 and prosecution costs of £85.
Speaking after the case, Knowles said his punishment was appropriate.