Avon Fire & Rescue Service was called to the Bath area to help free a young boy who "who wanted to be a robot" after he got his legs stuck in cardboard tubes.
When officers from Bath Fire Station arrived, they found the child's legs lodged in thick cardboard tubes.
The tubes were too thick to cut off, so they were peeled off using water to soften the cardboard.
The mother of the boy said it took three officers and a nursery worker nearly an hour to free the boy.
She said, "It saved my son's legs circulation from being cut off".
In a separate incident, crews were called to help a three-year-old girl with a stainless steel washer stuck on her finger.