Wednesday 17 July
- The fire broke out on the third floor above a laundry room of the Cribbs Causeway Premier Inn and spread to the roof. Clouds of black smoke were seen coming from the building.
- 60 firefighters were in attendance at the height of the fire.
- Avon Fire & Rescue Service say at least eight crews attended the scene after a fire broke out.
- The A4018 (Cribbs Causeway Road) was closed for all traffic in both directions between Clifton Rugby Club & Lysander Road. All Bus services were diverted.
- Residents in the local area are advised by Avon Fire & Rescue Service to close their windows and doors.
- The fire service declared that the incident had been split into three sectors. Firefighters were in breathing apparatus and by this point were using three turntable ladders to deliver water to the building.
- The police declared the fire a major incident.
- All Bus services were diverted.
- Crews from Weston-super-Mare, Bath, Bedminster, Patchway, Southmead and Kingswood were in attendance.
Thursday 18 July
- As heavy smoke pours through the area, motorists have been warned there may be reduced visibility on the M5 this morning.
- At 5am, Paulton Fire Service tweeted: "More fire spread has developed creating more smoke that will be causing potential visibility issues for the M5."
- Motorists should use caution during their morning commutes.
- Fire crews remain on the scene.
- Residents are being told to "keep doors and windows closed where possible due to the low smoke plume".
- The cause of the fire has not yet been announced.
- Everyone has now been accounted for and no known injuries have been declared.