Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Fire service warn over cooking safety after kitchen blaze at Bristol flat

The kitchen fire spread quickly, but was brought under control Credit: Avon Fire and Rescue

Avon Fire and Rescue services are urging people to take more care when cooking after a blaze broke out in a block of flats in Bristol.

Crews from several stations in the city responded to the call at Carolina House in Dove Street, Stokes Croft just after noon on Sunday [8 September].

A turntable ladder was used by responders to tackle the flames and the fire was quickly brought under control.

A man in his fifties was able to leave the property unharmed.

As a precaution, the fire services moved everyone on floor nine and above to a lower level of the building. No one was harmed in the incident.

The cause of the fire has been put down to 'accidental ignition'.

Crews from several stations responded to the call Credit: Avon Fire and Rescue