A West Country dog sanctuary is desperate to find a home for an elderly dog who needs a loving family to care for him in his final years.
Costa, a 13-year-old Dobermann, was badly neglected before being rescued by the Cornwall-based sanctuary West Country Dobermann Rescue.
He arrived there with multiple health problems including rotten teeth, a skin infection and overgrown nails.
An appeal on Facebook said "he may not have much time with us but we want it to be the best time he's had".
Costa is currently in foster care, but staff at the sanctuary said his time there is running out.
The ideal home for Costa:
- A bungalow as he can't get up and down the stairs
- Flat grass garden with no hazards/ponds
- He can't be left for longer than two hours
- Local walks in open areas as he's scared of woodland
- Needs to be lifted in and out of the car due to poor mobility
The sanctuary said Costa has a "huge personality" and needs to find a family "who will cherish the time he has and shower him with the love and attention he deserves".
Costa's foster home is in Dorchester and the sanctuary would like him to find a permanent home in a similar area.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can offer him a home.