Mother from Salcombe jailed for 10 years for sharing drugs which killed her 15-year-old son

A mother from Salcombe has been jailed for 10 years for sharing drugs with her 15-year-old son before he died from an overdose.

Holly Strawbridge shared powerful painkillers with her son Tyler and a friend. Tyler later died in his sleep.

The cause of Tyler's death was recorded as an overdose of Oramorph and Gabapentin.

34-year-old Strawbridge had denied two counts of supplying the boys with a Class A drugs, and had also pleaded not guilty to two counts of cruelty relating to sharing the drugs and alcohol with the teenagers.

But a jury found her guilty of child neglect and supplying Class A drugs.

The court heard that supplying her son with drugs and alcohol was an ongoing pattern of behaviour by Strawbridge.

A video taken by Tyler’s friend during the fateful evening showed Tyler talking incoherently and an intoxicated Strawbridge, despite her denial.

Holly Strawbridge has been jailed for 10 years. Credit: Plymouth Live

Detective Inspector Ian Ringrose, senior investigating officer, welcomed the sentence and said: “Tyler’s death was both tragic and completely avoidable."

He added: "Strawbridge also put Tyler’s friend in grave danger that night and he is fortunate not to have suffered the same fate.

"I want to thank Tyler’s friends for their courage in coming forward and speaking on Tyler’s behalf.

"The result today is also due to the dedication of the team of investigators who painstakingly gathered and presented the evidence.Finally, I want to pay tribute to Tyler’s family for the dignity they have shown throughout this ordeal. I hope that the sentencing today will help them to move forward."

Tyler’s father, Ryan Peck, and stepmother, Sam Kibbler, paid tribute to him, saying Tyler was, "funny, affectionate and caring".

They continued: "He was one of the lads, protective, loving and unique, and we miss him dearly.

“We want to take this opportunity to say thank you for all of the support we have had over the last 10 months since Tyler passed away and thank everyone involved in this case. You have all done Tyler proud.

“Unfortunately this trial was never going to bring our Tyler back, but we are glad that justice has finally been served and we can now try to find a way to move forward.

“We would be grateful if you could all please let us do this in peace.”