Two people hospitalised for burns after receiving electric shock outside Bristol McDonald's

Two people have been hospitalised for burns from electric shocks outside a fast food chain in Bristol.

According to an eyewitness a construction worker appeared to receive a serious electrical shock while drilling into the ground in Bedminster at around 10am this morning [February 12].

Shirley Williams, a former construction worker, was near the scene and said she heard a loud bang that sounded like 'a barrel of petrol rolling off a roof'.

Two people were taken to hospital with electrical burns

Emergency services arrived outside the McDonald's restaurant on Sheene Road a short time later and a cordon was put in place.

South Western Ambulance Service has confirmed two people were treated for electrical burns at the scene before being transferred to Bristol Royal Infirmary.

The worker was contracted to work for McDonald's

The incident was led by Avon Fire and Rescue and South Western Ambulance Service, with Avon and Somerset Constabulary assisting at the scene.

McDonald's confirmed the worker had been contracted by the fast food chain.