Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Occupants make lucky escape after fire guts Exeter house

Police and paramedics also attended the scene of the fire. Credit: Danes Castle Fire Station

Occupants of a house in Exeter made a lucky escape after a fire gutted the property they were in.

Crews from Middlemoor, Danes Castle and Topsham battled the fire on Lower Wear Road, just before 5pm yesterday afternoon (Wednesday 26th February).

Photographs taken after the fire show mountains of belongings piled in the front garden of the home.

Police and paramedics also attended the scene of the fire and everybody within the house was located.

It is believed the fire started accidentally. However, investigations continue.