Tregantle Beach was pictured almost empty this morning (24 March) just 24 hours after a sign urging people to avoid Cornwall's beaches was placed at the entrance.
A photo had been taken of the same place on the weekend (21/22 March) which showed hundreds of visitors, despite the government's warnings to "stay at home" and social distance.
The sign came after crowds of people headed to the beach during the sunny weather at the weekend - despite Government advice to stay indoors and practice social distancing.
Video footage showed dozens of vehicles parked on either side of the road - which prompted an angry response from viewers on social media.
Cornish resident Joe Bracegirdle, who filmed the video of the parked cars, said it seemed like people were treating their time at home like “an extended Easter break”.
Cornwall does depend on people coming down but right now, I don’t think it’s a good idea. Cornwall’s going to be here next year. I think coming down is pretty irresponsible and we all just need to do what we’ve been told.
Cornwall Council and Steve Double, the MP for St Austell and Newquay, have since pleaded with people to avoid the county while the outbreak continues.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson, meanwhile, said on Sunday (March 22) he would impose tougher restrictions if members of the public continued to ignore advice surrounding social distancing.
Coronavirus: Everything you need to know