The Lost Gardens of Heligan in Cornwall are to officially reopen on 10 June after a three month closure during lockdown.
Nature has been taking over at the world-famous gardens near St Austell, after its team of gardeners downed tools for the second time in the estate's 260 year history.
With the Heligan team furloughed and the public unable to visit, the gardens have again been allowed to slip into a gentle slumber as they did almost 100 years ago.
The last time the Heligan gardening team abandoned the gardens was in 1914, at the start of WW1.
Many did not return and the gardens went to ruin until the early 90s, when the now world famous Lost Gardens of Heligan were uncovered by Sir Tim Smit and John Willis, a descendant of the Tremayne family which created the estate.
When the gardens reopen a new timed ticketing system will be in place for all Members, Local Pass holders and day visitors so that social distancing can be observed.
Daily numbers will be limited to 1000 people, a third of the usual visitor numbers in the summer.