Fire breaks out by Dower House in Stoke Park next to Bristol's M32 motorway

A fire broke out at Stoke Park in Bristol after a barbecue was left unattended.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service were called to the incident, which is just off Thomas Way in Stapleton.

Crews put out a large grass fire affecting an area of approximately 150x100 metres.

A spokesperson for the fire service said crews from Temple and Kingswood stations were called to the blaze.

They said its control room received a "high number" of calls about the incident, adding: "Please be assured that crews are on the scene, and the incident is being dealt with.

"We would advise local people to avoid the area to allow emergency services to respond," they added.

The cause of the blaze was determined to have been an unattended barbecue, the fire service confirmed.

The fire has broken out near Dower House in Stoke Park Credit: Elivka

It comes as the Met Office has issued an amber weather warning for extreme heat, bringing with it an increased risk of wild fires.