US band in coach viaduct fall

A coach carrying nine people, including members of the US band Baroness, has crashed off a viaduct in Limpley Stoke near Bath and fallen 30ft. Two people who were trapped are being treated for serious injuries. Seven others have minor injuries.

Live updates

Bath bus crash band now all out of hospital

Members of Baroness Credit:

All members of the US rock band injured when their tour bus plunged from a road near a viaduct outside Bath have now left hospital.

The group, Baroness, were travelling from Bristol to Southampton two weeks ago when their bus fell 30 feet near Brassknocker Hill in heavy rain. All nine people on board at the time were injured. The four band members have now returned to the US and a police investigation is underway.

Injured rockers thank fans

Baroness band members recovering at the RUH in Bath. Credit:

Members of the band injured in a coach crash outside Bath last week have thanked fans for their support.

American rockers Baroness posted a picture on their website, of themselves recovering in hospital.

A statement on the website reads:

" Thank you to all of you who have been sending the tidal wave of positivity our way. We are uplifted by its sheer magnitude, and power.

Every single one of you is making our days and nights easier and our recovery quicker.

Thank you all so much, we are truly lucky to have such incredible people on our side. A sincere and heartfelt thank you from each of us to each of you."

The band were treated at the Royal United Hospital in Bath.


Rock band coach crash victims still in hospital

Three members of a US punk rock band injured when their tour bus plunged down a viaduct remain in hospital.

The band, Baroness, from Savannah, Georgia, were touring Britain and Europe when their bus crashed in heavy rain on Wednesday at Limpley Stoke, near Bath.

A statement posted on the band's website said John Baizley, Allen Blickle and Matt Maggioni had suffered fractures in the accident.

All three are still in hospital while the fourth member of the line-up, vocalist Pete Adams, has been discharged. The driver of the bus remains in a critical condition, the band said.

Three of the five crew members on board the German-registered vehicle have also been released from hospital.


Witness describes dramatic first moments after band's coach crash

Kerry Heskith, 24, who works in the Angelfish Cafe next to the crash site, said it was a "miracle" no-one was more seriously hurt.

The assistant manager said

It was pouring down with rain and we just heard a humongous noise, a massive bang.

It was like a cross between thunder and a massive lorry crash.Me and my colleague just looked at each other and ran straight around the coroner and went up onto the road and we saw the vehicle that had gone over and ran straight back to get our colleagues to ring the emergency services.We then went back around the corner and saw that it was a coach and presumed the worse - that it was full of people.

There were just trees everywhere and it was all smashed up.We could see a couple of people moving inside and it was quite quickly assumed that everyone was alive and we got the numbers that it was nine people.

Load more updates Back to top

Latest ITV News reports