- West Country
- 13 updates
Unemployment fell by 4,000 between April and June to 2.51 million, official figures showed.
UK unemployment figures from the Office for National Statistics from November 2012 to May 2013, were as follows:
- Unemployment fell by 57,000 to 2.51 million between March and May.
- It increased by 15,000 between January and March to 2.52 million. But the figures were down 92,000 from the previous year.
- Unemployment increased by 7,000 between November and January to 2.52 million.
The number of people claiming unemployment benefit in the West Country fell in July according to the latest jobless figures published on Wednesday by the Government:
- 21,702 in Devon and Somerset
- 7,287 in Cornwall and Isles of Scilly
Latest ITV News reports
Unemployment is down again but where are the new jobs and do they help the long term unemployed get back into work?