- West Country
- 12 updates
UK unemployment figures from the Office for National Statistics from November 2012 to May 2013, were as follows:
- Unemployment fell by 57,000 to 2.51 million between March and May.
- It increased by 15,000 between January and March to 2.52 million. But the figures were down 92,000 from the previous year.
- Unemployment increased by 7,000 between November and January to 2.52 million.
The number of people claiming unemployment benefit in the West Country fell in July according to the latest jobless figures published on Wednesday by the Government:
- 21,792 in Somerset and Devon
- 18,272 in Bath, Bristol, North East Somerset, North Somerset, and South Gloucestershire
- 9,427 in Wiltshire
- 9,051 in Gloucestershire
- 8,420 in Dorset