Great Western Railway services have been suspended between Gloucester and Swindon because of a signalling problem.
The company is working to arrange a bus replacement service.
During incidents like this, trains would normally divert via Yate and Bristol Parkway.
However, this route is also closed due to engineering work.
GWR says trains should be running by 12.00 and commuters can find updates on the National Rail website.
How will my journey be affected?
- One service an hour between Paddington, Newport and Cardiff/Swansea (not calling at Bristol parkway)
- One service an hour between Paddington and Bristol Parkway, calling at normal timetabled stops
- will run between Severn Tunnel Junction and Bristol Parkway
- will run between Bristol Parkway and Newport
- journey times involving a replacement bus are likely to be extended by approximately 45 minutes
What about other rail services?
- Trains will run between Bristol Parkway and Portsmouth Harbour
- Trains will run between Bristol Parkway and Taunton; services to Weston-Super-Mare that would normally start/terminate at Bristol Parkway will start from Filton Abbey Wood
- Additional work on the railway line will also see passenger journeys’ altered on a number of weekends between September and October.
For further information about how your journey may be affected click here.