A teenager who stabbed 21-year-old Dolton Powell to death as he tried to protect a friend at a birthday party has been sentenced to life in prison.
Jordan Barclay, 18, knifed Dolton Powell in the neck with a large blade, severing his jugular vein. He then left him to bleed to death outside the All Nations nightclub in Gloucester.
Barclay has been sentenced to life with a minimum of 20 years. He was convicted of Mr Powell's murder on 4 July.
The family of Dolton Powell, who was stabbed to death last August, have paid him tribute as a man is convicted of his murderRead the full story ›
One of eight men charged with stabbing Dolton Powell to death in Gloucester last August has been found guilty of his murder.Read the full story ›
The funeral has taken place at Gloucester Cathedral of a man who was stabbed to death in the city in August..
Family and friends of 21-year-old Dolton Powell wore his favourite colour purple for the service.
His best friend Jahmel Westcarr told ITV News how Dolton had the most contagious smile, while his other friends spoke of his love for his family.
The funeral of Dolton Powell is being held at Gloucester Cathedral at 11am this morning.
The 21-year-old shop worker was stabbed to death near the All Nations Club in Chase Lane early on Sunday 23 August. Seven people have been charged with his murder.
Hundreds of people are expected for the service, including friends and family who have flown in from America and Jamaica. Those who come are being asked to wear some purple, which was Dolton's favourite colour.
A seventh person has been charged in connection with the death of Dolton Powell in Gloucester.
Tyler Finch-Vassell, from St Annes, Bristol, has been charged with murder and affray. The 19-year-old will appear at Cheltenham Magistrates later today.
Another man, also 19 and from Bristol, arrested last week on suspicion of murder has been released on bail.
Six people have already appeared in court in connection with the case at the end of August.
- Jordan Barclay, 18 and of Campbell Street, St Pauls Bristol is charged with murder, affray, possession of an offensive weapon and GBH - section 18 wounding against another man who suffered injuries
- Nico Daley, 18 and of Dermot Street, Bristol is charged with murder and affray
- Cartel Williams, 19 and of Campbell Street, St Pauls Bristol is charged with murder and affray
- Everton Spence, 19 and of Morris Road, Bristol is charged with murder and affray
- Marzel Bolton, 20 and of Tunbridge, Bristol is charged with murder and affrayA 17-year-old youth is charged with murder and affray.
- A 17-year-old boy from Bristol arrested on suspicion of murder was previously released without charge while a 21-year-old man from Gloucester and a 22-year-old man from Gloucester both arrested on suspicion of murder remain on police bail until 15 September.
Five men have appeared in court charged with the murder of a 21-year-old from Gloucester.
Dolton Powell was fatally wounded near the All Nations Club last Saturday, later dying in hospital. Over the weekend family and friends joined hundreds of others who gathered to pay tribute to him.
He has been described as a "loving and kind boy" by those closest to him.
Watch the moment balloons were released in memory of Dolton Powell. The 21 year old suffered fatal stab wounds near the All Nations Club in Gloucester last weekend.
The mother of Dolton Powell has paid a touching tribute to her son, calling him "the best person in the world".
The 21 year old shop worker was stabbed to death outside a party in Gloucester last weekend. Six people have been charged with his murder.
Family and friends of a shop worker who was stabbed to death outside a party in Gloucester are gathering in a park tonight, to release balloons in his memory.
21 year old Dolton Powell suffered fatal wounds near the All Nations Club in Chase Lane last weekend. Six people have been charged with his murder.