People watching a bonfire night display in St Agnes say a stray firework shot into the hill near the village, setting the gorse alightRead the full story ›
A fireworks display in Amesbury went horribly wrong on Saturday night, when a box of lit fireworks shot directly into the crowd of families.Read the full story ›
14 people have received minor injuries after a box of exploding fireworks tipped over during a display last night (Saturday 4 November), sending some of them into the crowd.
It happened during a display at the Antrobus Hotel in Amesbury, Wiltshire at around 8pm. Four ambulances attended, and the rest of the display was cancelled. Everyone was treated at the scene, and no one required hospital treatment.
"A single display box, containing multiple fireworks, malfunctioned at today's display. Regrettably, despite the safety cordon exceeding the manufacturer's guidelines, some projectiles ejected towards the crowd line.
The display was immediately ended and emergency services called. It is now apparent that thankfully no serious injuries occurred, with all injured treated at the scene.
The hotel's team put on today's free event as a community event and worked diligently with the suppliers to ensure that today's event was safe and exceeded requirements in respect of safety and distance. We are mortified about what has occurred today and would like to apologise to all those affected, please rest assured that a full investigation will take place."
Mother of a four-year-old Devon girl, who was burned after a firework exploded in her face, has released video footage to warn others.Read the full story ›
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service is encouraging people to attend an organised event instead.Read the full story ›
***A warning that this article contains a graphic photograph of Maisie's injuries***Read the full story ›
A mum has urged parents to think twice before letting off fireworks after her four-year-old daughter was badly burnt at the weekend.Read the full story ›
An investigation is underway after people claimed they were nearly hit by fireworks at a display in Bristol.
It happened at the At-Bristol display on Thursday night, which was held in Millennium Square.
This video courtesy of the Bristol University Skydiving Club captures the moment, and the crowd's stunned reaction:
An investigation is underway after people claimed they were nearly hit by fireworks at a display in Bristol.Read the full story ›
Police have issued a warning to the public after a garden shed caught fire in Cheltenham after a group of boys set off fireworks.Read the full story ›