A toddler from Bristol died from a drug overdose after social workers failed to take him into care, a damning report has revealed. Jayden Lee Green, who was nearly two, was found dead in his parents' bed. He'd been given the heroin substitute methadone last August. Ken Goodwin reports:
The toddler lived with his crack cocaine and heroin-addicted parents Jamie Green and Sonia Britton in a filthy flat in the St George area of Bristol.
More top news
Cooper Tire Europe has confirmed it will make 300 jobs redundant as the company ends its production of light vehicle tyres.
Hundreds of jobs are at risk of redundancy in Gloucestershire after Hitachi suspended plans to build a nuclear power station in Wales.
Most places in the West will wake up on Friday morning to a layer of frost, as temperatures dip to below freezing.