Almost £2.8m will be invested in leisure facilities in the Mendips over the next 4 years.
The district council has approved 50-year leases to Sports Management Company Fusion Lifestyle for five centres beginning in June 2015. The not-for-profit organisation bid for the contracts with plan involving four years worth of improvements.
The legal agreement is expected to be signed before Christmas, and the programme of investment due to be completed by 1 April 2018.
The following centres are set to benefit:
- Frome Leisure Centre - £2million
- Wells Leisure Centre - £550,0000
- Strode Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre - £100,000
- Tor Sports and Leisure Centre - £75,000
- Shepton Mallet Lido - £75,000