An impressive six West Country pubs have been named as among the best in Britain.
Campaign for Real Ale volunteers across the UK judge the pubs in their area to find their Branch's Pub of the Year looking at decor, value for money, customer service, and of course, the quality of their real ale.
The local branch winners then go forward to battle it out in the regional heats in their quest to become National Pub of the Year, announced in early 2016.
The South West pubs:
- The Hole in the Wall - Bodmin, Cornwall.
- The Bridford Inn - Bridford, South Devon.
- Fortescue - Plymouth.
- The Red Lion - Exbourne, North Devon.
- The Tom Cobley - Spreyton, Exeter & East Devon.
- The Halfway House - Pitney, Somerset.
Dean Staniforth, the owner of the Bridford Inn, spoke to ITV.