We caught our weather presenter Alex Beresford as he was about to record the forecast. Temperatures could reach 28 C today and, as you can see, Alex is making sure he stays cool in the hot weather.
As well as presenting the weather in shorts (and looking very presentable in the hot weather), Alex has some advice from Public Health England on keeping safe in the heatwave:
- Try to keep out of the sun between 11am to 3pm
- Apply sunscreen of at least SPF15 with UVA protection
- Wear UV sunglasses, preferably wraparound, to reduce UV exposure to the eyes
- Wear light, loose-fitting cotton clothes, a hat and light scarf
- Drink lots of cool drinks
- Look out for others especially vulnerable groups such as older people, young children and babies and those with serious illnesses
- Never leave anyone in a closed, parked vehicle, especially infants, young children or animals
More top news
The creative industries across Bristol and Bath have received £46 million to create 'new experiences and boost productivity.'
A service in Plymouth run by the NSPCC, which helps prevents online child sexual abuse, is expanding.
Bristol Water is urging people to stay safe and not swim in the water at spots like Chew Valley or Cheddar Lake this weekend.