Teenager with dairy allergy dies after eating kebab

Credit: PA

A teenager with a severe dairy allergy died after eating a kebab for lunch, an inquest heard.

Tragic Chloe Gilbert, 15, had been out shopping with friend when they stopped for lunch at a takeaway.

Chloe, who had suffered all her life from a severe dairy allergy, ordered a kebab with lettuce, chips and barbeque sauce.

It later emerged the teenager, from Melksham in Wiltshire, had unknowingly been exposed to yoghurt that had been served as part of her meal.

She later collapsed during the shopping trip in Bath and was pronounced dead at the Royal United Hospital in Bath just two hours later on Sunday, March 5.

Assistant coroner Dr Peter Harrowing concluded the cause of death as accidental death caused by anaphylactic shock.