Residents in Clevedon no longer have to boil their water before using it after Bristol Water lifted its health notice.
The notice was put in place on Thursday after part of the town's water supply was found to be contaminated.
Bristol Water says it detected the parasite cryptosporidium, which can cause vomiting and diarrhoea.
It says the drinking water supply to Clevedon is now coming from other treatment works.
Over the last few days, we have been taking samples from the treated water storage reservoir in Clevedon and at customers’ houses. No Cryptosporidium has been detected in any of these samples. We have also fully flushed the water network in the area meaning the network now has a fresh supply from other sources.
Consequently, following consultation and advice from Public Health England, we are now lifting the precautionary boil water notice.
More top news
There may be some light showers in a few places this evening, but these will mostly ease during the night. It will be warm and humid.
It will be a warm and humid night, potentially with a few light showers early this evening. Lows of 16 °C.
Paul's Place, a club that caters for disabled people, has come up with a version of 'Kiki Challenge' which has gone viral on the internet