Fatal house fire in Bath found to have started accidentally

A 64-year-old man was rescued by firefighters but sadly later passed away. Credit: ITV News West Country

The house fire in Bath which claimed the life of a 64-year-old man was found to have started accidentally.

Four fire engines were alerted to the incident at a two-storey detached house early on Monday morning.

A 64 year-old man in a serious condition was rescued by firefighters from a first floor bedroom. He was taken to hospital by ambulance but sadly later passed away.

A second man, aged 92 years-old, was also rescued by firefighters from a second bedroom. He was also taken to hospital after suffering burns and smoke inhalation.

Crews say a third man, believed to be a neighbour who entered the property to help before emergency services arrived, was also treated for the effects of smoke inhalation but was discharged at the scene.