Your privacy is our priority
Your data is important. It’s important to us, and we understand that it’s important to you. ITV is committed to safeguarding your information in line with data protection and privacy laws. We also want to be clear about what information we collect about you - and how you can control what we do with this information.
About this notice
This privacy notice covers all versions of the ITV Box Office website (collectively, “ITV Box Office”) that are controlled by ITV. This includes the version at itvboxoffice.com and any apps we make available for mobile devices, games consoles, smart TVs and other devices. Our general privacy notice at itv.com/privacy also applies. In this notice, “we”, “us” and “our” means ITV Consumer Limited.
We sometimes provide ITV Box Office content to other platforms, such as Virgin, TVPlayer and Sony PlayStation, to make available ITV Box Office events to their customers. However, we don’t control the playout of our content, or the administration of purchases on those platforms, so this notice doesn’t cover them. You should instead refer to the privacy notice of the relevant platform operator.
Your registration data
When you sign up to ITV Box Office we ask you to provide some information about you. This must be provided if you wish to use ITV Box Office. If you would prefer not to provide this data then you will not be able to use ITV Box Office. We’ll only process this information as explained in this privacy notice.
How we use your data
When you use ITV Box Office we may process your information in a variety of ways, for several different reasons and with a range of legal justifications. Please see the table below.
Where we process your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest (as set out above), we are referring to the following legitimate interests:
- Analytics: We have a legitimate interest in understanding how people are using and responding to ITV services, both to improve our services (including ITV Box Office) and to understand the popularity of our events and services and their audiences. Therefore, we may use your information to understand and analyse use across ITV’s services.
- Purchases via the Sky remote control: If you have registered and purchased an ITV Box Office event for Sky we have a legitimate interest to store your payment details to enable you to make repeat purchases using your Sky remote control. If you want to opt-out of this processing please send an email from your registered email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you do so you will have re-sign in to the ITV Box Office website and re-enter your payment details in order to purchase any subsequent fights via your remote control.
- Marketing: We have a legitimate interest in sending you messages that promote services and content that are similar to those that you have signed up for via ITV Box Office and we may process your data for this purpose. You can opt-out from receiving these messages at any time by: (i) updating your preferences in the ‘Personal Details’ section of the ITV Box Office website when signed in; or (ii) by emailing email@example.com from the relevant email address.
- Recognition: We have a legitimate interest in recognising where you are a user of other ITV services. Please note that processing of your personal information on other ITV services will be in accordance with the relevant privacy notice.
You can purchase an ITV Box Office event for viewing on your Sky set top box via itvboxoffice.com. We may share your information with Sky to enable them to decrypt the channel on your Sky set top box at the appropriate time for the event and to enable us to administer the purchase of ITV Box Office events for viewing on Sky set top boxes. We may authorise your Sky Viewing Card to purchase ITV Box Office events using your Sky remote control. You can opt-out of this functionality at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address.
Managing your data
Manage Your Account
● You can log in to your ITV Box Office Account by going to itvboxoffice.com, logging in and choosing ‘My Account’. Here you can update your personal data details, change your password and update your payment method.
Receiving marketing messages
● You can opt-out from receiving these messages at any time by: (i) updating your preferences in the ‘Personal Details’ section of the ITV Box Office website when signed in; or (ii) by emailing email@example.com from the relevant email address.
Service providers based outside Europe
In providing our services to you we may use third party companies to perform or enable us to provide some of the functions of our services. Some of these companies may be located, or have servers that are located, outside the European Economic Area. For details on how we protect your data where this is the case, please see our general privacy notice at itv.com/privacy.
What are your rights?
Any personal information you supply will be treated in accordance with applicable data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and any other applicable or superseding legislation. We are committed to delivering the rights that individuals are entitled to under data protection laws in the UK. These are:
- the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org making clear that you are requesting a copy of your personal information and including full details of what you require. You may also be required to submit a proof of your identity.
- the right to object to your personal information being used for direct marketing. You will have the ability to opt out.
- the right to object to your personal information being processed where the legal basis for the processing is our own legitimate interests as a business (see ‘How will we use your information?’ section above). We will comply with such a request unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so, such as when we need to continue to process your information to defend a legal claim or if this information is necessary for the ongoing provision of our services.
- the right to rectification. You may request that we correct any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information.
- the right to withdraw consent. Where we are processing your personal information on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- the right of erasure. You may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so. For example, there may be an overriding legitimate ground for retaining your personal information, such as keeping your payment information for several years to comply with HMRC rules.
- the right to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may request that we provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have it transferred to another provider of the same or similar services to us. Where this right is applicable, we will comply with such transfer as far as it is technically feasible.
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. We suggest that you contact us about any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal information. However, you do have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority directly. To contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom, please visit the ICO website for instructions.
ITV Consumer Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 2937518) with registered office at 2 Waterhouse Square, 140 Holborn, London, United Kingdom, EC1N 2AE. Our VAT registration number is 197 0041 67.
This privacy notice was last updated on 18 January 2019.
If you have any questions or concerns, in the first instance please contact us at email@example.com.