We (MGN Limited and ITV Consumer Limited) understand that your data is important to you and it’s important to us too. We are committed to safeguarding your information in line with the latest data protection and privacy laws.
About this notice
This notice covers the collection and use of your personal information by MGN Limited as part of the Pride of Britain Awards nomination process.
It also covers the collection and use of your personal information by ITV in relation to the ITV Pride of Britain Awards: the ITV Fundraiser of the Year Award, the Good Morning Britain YoungFundraiser of the Year Award and the This Morning Emergency Services Award.
If you are a nominator, this notice applies to the personal information that you provide to MGN Limited when you make a Pride of Britain Award nomination.
If you are a nominee, this notice applies to the personal information that has been provided to MGN Limited by your nominator when they nominated you for a Pride of Britain Award.
Please note that ITV Studios will be producing the “Pride of Britain” television programme for initial broadcast onITV and its services. If ITV Studios wishes or is considering including you and your story in the “Pride of Britain”programme or you have been invited to attend the Pride of Britain awards ceremony then ITV Studios’ privacy notice for programme applicants,participants, contributors and audience shall apply. ITV Studios’ privacy notice sets out how ITV Studios collects and uses your personal information as part of its production of the “Pride of Britain” programme and can be viewed here: https://itvstudios.com/privacy-notice/talent-contributors-audience
What information do we collect?
When you make a nomination or are nominated for a Pride of Britain Award we will ask for the following personal information:
- First name and surname
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Name of the award nominee
- Postal address of the award nominee
- Telephone number of the award nominee
Personal information may also be included in the nominator’s narrative of why the nominee deserves the award.
How will we use your information?
When you submit a nomination, or a nomination is submitted by you, MGN Limited will review all of the information provided in line with the selection criteria outlined in the terms and conditions.
If you submit a nomination, or a nomination is submitted by you, for the ITV Fundraiser of the Year Award then the personal information provided as part of that nomination will also be shared with and reviewed by ITV’s Regional News Teams.
If the nomination does not comply with the terms and conditions, then the relevant personal information will be promptly deleted.
MGN Limited will use the personal information provided by nominators to compile a shortlist for each Award. In the case of the ITV Fundraiser of the Year Award, MGN Limited will share the personal information provided by nominators with ITV and ITV will compile regional shortlists. Personal Information provided in association with the awards shall only be kept for as long as necessary and will be promptly deleted thereafter.
MGN Limited and/or ITV (as applicable) will use the personal information provided by nominators to contact the winners. Winners will be contacted and asked to confirm that they are happy to be winners of the relevant Pride of Britain Award and for their personal information to be used for this purpose. If a winner does not wish to accept the Award, then their personal information will be promptly deleted except for personal information identifying them as a winner who declined an Award.
Personal information of shortlisted nominees will be shared with the relevant Pride of Britain Award judging panel.The panels are made up of members selected by MGN Limited and will also include at least one independent judge. The ITV Pride of Britain Award judging panels will also include representatives from ITV. MGN Limited, ITV (if applicable)and the independent individual(s) will review all shortlisted nominees to choose the Award winner(s).
MGN Limited and/or ITV (as applicable) will use the personal information provided to contact the Award winners, invite them to the Pride of Britain Awards ceremony and arrange associated travel and accommodation. MGN Limited may also ask winners’ permission to feature them on the “winners” page of the Pride of Britain Awards website.
WillMGN LimitedorITV send you marketing messages?
Neither MGN Limited or ITV will use a nominator’s or nominee’s personal information provided as part of the Pride ofBritain Award nomination process to send marketing messages. Once selected as a winner, you may be asked by MGN Limited if you are happy to be contacted byTSB, partner of the Pride of Britain Awards and if you grant consent, your personal information may be passed to TSB.
What are your rights?
Any personal information you supply will be treated in accordance with applicable data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”)and any other applicable or superseding legislation. We are committed to delivering the rights that individuals are entitled to under data protection laws in the UK. These are:
● the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, please contact us at email@example.com making clear that you are requesting a copy of your personal information and including full details of what you require. You may also be required to submit a proof of your identity. If you would like to request a copy of the personal information that ITV holds about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org the same details.
● the right to object to your personal information being processed or withdraw consent for the processing of your personal information at any time. We will comply with such a request unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so, such as when we need to continue to process your information to defend a legal claim;
● the right to rectification. You may request that we correct any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information;
● the right of erasure. You may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so;
● the right to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may request that we provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have it transferred to another provider of the same or similar services to us. Where this right is applicable, we will comply with such transfer as far as it is technically feasible; and
● the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. We suggest that you contact us about any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal information. However, you do have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority directly. To contact the InformationCommissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom, please visit the ICO website for instructions.
MGN Limited will be the data controller of personal information when submitted as part of a Pride of Britain Award nomination.
Personal information provided as part of anITV Fundraiser of the Year Award nomination will be passed by MGN Limited to ITV Consumer Limited. ITV Consumer will be the data controller for personal information it receives from MGNLimited for this purpose.
MGN LImited is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 02571173 with registered office at One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AP.
ITV Consumer Limited isa company registered in England and Wales (registered number 02937518) with registered office at 2 Waterhouse Square, Holborn, London EC1N 2AE. Our VAT registration number is 197 0041 67.
The InformationCommissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates our processing of your personal information. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO. Details of how to contact the ICO can be found on their website at ico.org.uk.