Love Island 2021 - Voting FAQ's
Love Island App Voting, Series 7,2021
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I vote via the Love Island app?
You can vote by downloading the Love Island app for iOS (iOS 11.4.1 or later) or Android (Android 5 or later) on your smartphone. Due to there being so many types of smartphones available, we cannot guarantee the app will work on all smartphones with the correct operating versions specified above. Please upgrade your operating system if your compatible mobile device is running on iOS 11.4.1 or later or Android 5 or later.
2. How do I get votes?
When you go into the voting section on the Love Island app, you will be prompted to authenticate your device using your Apple ID in order to be able to vote. You will only have to do this once per device and you will not be charged. Authentication is done solely to enable you to be able to vote. With the Android version, authentication occurs automatically.
3. How much does it cost to vote using the app?
It’s free to vote via the app. Data charges may apply, please check with your network provider for details.
4. What can I vote for?
We are going to need your help in lots of different ways. We may need you to choose who stays on the island, who enters the villa or who gets a treat. Each time we need your help, a new vote event will automatically appear in the app at the bottom of the screen.
5. How many votes will I get?
You’ll only be able to vote once per voting event per eligible device. A voting event is classed as one complete vote, from when the vote opens until it closes. A voting event could open and close during a show, it could last a few hours or even more than a day. If a voting event is open for longer than a day (e.g. Sunday to Monday), users of the app will be limited to one (1) vote per day of the voting event, unless otherwise specified.
Depending on the type of vote, you’ll be asked to do different things. For example, you might be asked to save your favourite islander, or to pair up a boy and a girl, or pick up to four islanders to go on a date. In every case it will be explained in the app what you need to do for each vote. Once you have tapped ‘Confirm’ you can’t vote again for that particular voting event from that device.
6. Can I cancel my vote if I made a mistake? On any given vote you are given the option to confirm or cancel your vote at the end. Once you have confirmed your vote you cannot cancel or change it.
7. I have downloaded the app but can’t see anything to vote on?
There are five main reasons why you may be unable to see a voting event:
i No voting events are currently open
Voting events will only appear on eligible devices when they are open.
ii Your device is not eligible
Your devices must be linked to an Apple or Google Play account. You can have a maximum of six devices linked to each Apple or Google Play account. Any additional device will not be eligible to vote.
iii Your 3G/4G/5G or internet connection may have dropped
If your device is eligible and you know a vote has started but you can’t see it in your app or submit your vote, your 3G/4G/5G or internet connection may have dropped. Try moving to a different location and then force the app to close:
On Apple devices:
1. Double-click the Home button or swipe up from the bottom of your homepage
2. Swipe left or right until you have located the Love Island app.
3. Swipe the app up to close it.
4. Re-open the app and the open voting events should now be showing. If not, please contact ITV Customer Services on email@example.com.
On Android devices:
1. Go to “Settings” then “Application Manager”. Scroll down until you find “Love Island”, tap on it and choose “Force Stop”
2. Re-open the app and open voting events should now be showing. If not, please contact ITV Customer Services on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We don’t recommend voting whilst on the move as your signal strength may vary.
iv There has been a technical error
In the unlikely case that a technical error occurs, an information message should appear in the app. If there is no obvious reason for the error please contact ITV Customer Services on email@example.com.
v. You have already voted
You can only submit your vote once on each device per voting event.
8. Can I use my votes in other programmes?
No. Votes can only be used for Love Island, Series 7, 2021.
9. Can I ‘rollover’ votes to other voting events?
No. Each vote is linked to a particular voting event and can only be used for thatevent.
10. Can I move my votes between devices/on to a new device?
You cannot move unused votes between devices.
11. What happens if I delete the app?
If you delete the app, you can download it again and you will still be able to vote as long as you log back in with the same Apple ID or Google Play account details.
13. Is any other information stored from my use of the app?
Yes, we may collect and use your data in accordance with our Privacy Notice. Please read it because it’s important that you know how we treat your data.
14. What does the “restore purchase” button in the iOS version of the app do?
The “restore purchase” button doesn’t do anything in the iOS app. It has been included because this is an Apple requirement for the app.
15. My question isn’t answered here, or I have another query, where can I get further assistance?
Please contact ITV Customer Services on firstname.lastname@example.org