Emmerdale & McCain Diddy Diner Competition 2 : Terms and Conditions of Entry
Who can enter:
Competition open to UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residents aged 18 years or over only, excluding employees of the Promoter, their immediate families, and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition.
· Competition closes for online entries at 5.00 p.m. on Monday 16 July 2018.
Winnerselection & contact:
· Competition entries will be judged by a judging panel consisting of: one representative from the Programme’s casting team; one representative from Programme sponsor, McCain; and one independent judge (“Judging Panel”). Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
· demonstrating a golden moment with the family;
· show happiness;
· show togetherness;
· show effort; and
· Subject to eligibility and compliance with all applicable terms and conditions, a shortlist of twenty (20) photos will be drawn up from all eligible entries on Tuesday 17 July 2018.
· On Friday 20 July, the Judging Panel will select three(3) photos from the Shortlist to win the prize.
· As the prize must be taken up on Saturday 18 August 2018,the prize is time sensitive and the winners will be contacted on or after the close date in accordance with Clause 5.3 of the ITV General Competition, Vote and Poll Terms. Notwithstanding Clause 5.3 of the ITV General Competition, Vote and Poll Terms, we will try to contact the prize winners on the phone numbers they have provided, calling five (5) times over a forty-eight (48) hour period andClause 5.4 of the ITV General Competition, Vote and Poll Terms will apply. All entrants must be contactable betweenMonday 23 July 2018 and Friday 3 August 2018 (inclusive).
Howto enter & cost of entry:
· To enter this Competition, go to www.itv.com/emmerdale/mccainor www.stv.tv/emmerdale/mccain and follow the instructions to upload your photo.Entry is limited ; to one (1) entry per email address provided. There is no charge for entry but internet service provider’s fees may apply when accessing the internet.
· When uploading your photo, please ensure that:
· it is in one of the following formats (.bmp, .es, .jpeg, .gif, .pdf, .png, .psd,.tif, or .tiff.);
· no filters are applied to the photo;
· you do not submit any material which in any way infringes the copyright or other rights of a third party, or which infringes any applicable laws. You hereby waive all moral and similar rights in your entry to the fullest extent possible and acknowledge that you will not receive any fee or royalty payment from the Promoter, producers or any third party for the consents and grants given by you in relation to your entry;
· if your photo contains individuals under the age of18, that you are the parent or guardian of the under 18 featured in the photo;
· your entry does not contain any material which is in any way defamatory, obscene, unlawful,harmful, offensive or inappropriate or may have the effect of being harassing,threatening, abusive or hateful or that otherwise degrades or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability or which refers directly or indirectly to alcohol or intoxication and must not infringe third party rights (for example, by including third party branding);
· you have the consent of everyone in your photo to use the photo to enter the Competition. If you do not have the appropriate consents, ITV reserves the right to disqualify you from the Competition;
· you and everyone in your photo consents to the photo being put on ITV websites and ITV social media sites;
· you and everyone in your photo consents to ITV passing the photo and entry information to McCain for use on their websites and social media sites (we won’t pass on your information to McCain for marketing purposes).
· Please note that ITV or McCain may contact you in the future to ask if the photo can be used on television advertising. The photo will not be used in TV advertising without obtaining the appropriate consents.
· ITV intends to film the prize winners and their companions whilst on the Programme Studio and Village tour and will ask the prize winners and each of their companions to sign a release form on the day to allow ITV to publish such video clips and stills of the day on the ITV andMcCain websites and social media sites.
There are three (3) prizes, each consisting of a one day tour of the Emmerdale Studio and Village at The Emmerdale Studio Experience, 27 Burley Road, Leeds, LS3 1JT on Saturday 18August 2018 for each winner and each up to four (4) companions, subject to the following restrictions:
· Companions must feature in the winning photo submitted;
· All companions must be ten (10) years or older and it is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that they and their companions are available to take the prize on the relevant dates. All winners and companions must provide valid ID upon arrival; and
· Where the winner’s companion is aged under 18 years old, the companion must have prior parental or guardian permission to accompany the winner when taking up the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to inform the prize provider of any wheelchair or similar access requirements for the winner and/or their companion when taking up the prize, and to adhere to any applicable health and safety guidelines.
Theprize also includes:
• a summer BBQ and drinks being served from the Programme’s Diddy Diner (including tea, coffee,non-alcoholic drinks and for winners and companions aged over 18, alcoholic drinks may also be served);
• set tour of the Emmerdale Studio and Village;
• four-star hotel accommodation in Leeds for one (1) night onFriday 17August 2018. This is on a bed and breakfast basis based on two people sharing a twin or double room. Please note that each winner will need a current and valid credit/debit card with sufficient available funds in order to check in at the hotel for security deposit purposes;
• transportation to the hotel accommodation as follows:
• either(i) standard return rail travel from a UK mainland station near to the prize winner’s home address to Leeds train station; or (ii) if the prize winner and companions are a resident of theChannel Islands, Isle of Man, Scotland or Northern Ireland, return economy flights from an airport near to the prize winner’s home address to Leeds Bradford Airport; and
• return private transportation between Leeds train station or Leeds Bradford Airport and the Accommodation; and
• return transportation between the hotel accommodation and the tour venue.
The approximate timings for the tour of the Emmerdale Studio and Village are between10am and 3pm. Please note that these timings are subject to change.
The prize excludes meals and drinks (other than those specified above), excursions, attractions, treatments, car hire, travel insurance and personal expenses.
The accommodation and transportation will be chosen at the Travel Prize Provider’s discretion and remains subject to availability. Once booked, the accommodation and transportation cannot be altered or amended, and the prize winners cannot transfer the prize to another individual.
The Travel Prize Provider will contact the prize winners and confirm accommodation and travel details within 48-72 hours of winner confirmation. A member of staff from the Travel Prize Provider will join the prize winners and companions on the one-day tour, at the four-star hotel accommodation in Leeds for one (1) night on Friday 17 August 2018 and on the return transportation between the hotel accommodation and the tour venue.
Code of Conduct:
The prize winners and their companions must comply with the following code of conduct whilst at the Emmerdale Studio and Village Tour. By entering this competition, you agree to comply with the terms of this Code of Conduct.
· You will behave in a reasonable and sensible fashion at all times whilst at the studio;
· You will not explore any location during the event without being escorted by one of ITV’s representatives;
· You will not remove any objects from the set or vandalise or damage any location visited during the tour;
· You will not use any photographs taken during the tour for any purposes other than private non-commercial purposes;
· No smoking is permitted anywhere on the Emmerdale Studio and Village Tour set;
· Access to certain parts of the Emmerdale Studio and Village Tour set will be subject to availability; and
· You expressly understand and acknowledge that ITV shall have the right to refuse you entry or expel you from the studio if ITV considers, in its sole discretion, that you have breached the code of conduct.
ITV's General Competition, Prize Draw, Vote and Poll Terms and Conditions also apply- to view these, please click here.
Prize provider for Emmerdale Studio and Village Tour and transportation between hotel and tour venue: ITV Consumer Limited, 2 Waterhouse Square, 140 Holborn, London,EC1N 2AE
Prize provider for travel and accommodation (“Travel Prize Provider”): Element LondonLimited, 5 Morie Street, London, SW18 1SL