THE VOICE UK 2019 SEMI-FINAL (30 MARCH 2019) AND FINAL (6 APRIL 2019) 2019 VOTE: VOTING INTERACTION INFORMATION
Voting method and cost:
Viewers in the UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands may vote for which singer(s) they wish to keep in the competition as specified in The Voice UK programme (the “Programme”) by one of the following methods:
• Phone: Dial the premium rate ‘09’ number as stated in the Programme and follow instructions. You will hear a short message thanking you for your vote. Each phone vote costs 35 pence plus your network access charge. The total cost will be dependent on your network operator. Viewers can find out more information about the amount that their mobile operator will charge them by visiting http://www.accesscharge.uk/; but the Promoter and producers of the Programme recommend that for the most up to date charges viewers enquire directly with their mobile network operator.
• Mobile short dial codes (“MSDC”) (also known as voice short code): UK mobile users dial the 7-digit number which is the MSDC for the chosen singer(s) as displayed in the Programme and listen to the recorded message which confirms the MSDC vote. Each vote via a UK mobile to a MSDC costs 35 pence.MSDC voting is only available from a mobile phone. It is not possible to vote by calling the MSDCs from a landline or via any other method. Call charges may apply if the number is misdialed but is a valid number. The Promoter gives no warranty that the MSDC service will be available, legal or appropriate for use in locations outside the UK.
• Mobile In App: users of Apple mobile devices with iOS for iPhones, iPod Touch, iPads or iPad minis and users of mobile devices with Android may download the latest version of the official The Voice UK app from the relevant app store (iTunes store or the Google Play store) (the “app”). Download of the app is free although data charges from the user’s network operator may apply. All app users will be required to register before being able to vote and should follow the in-app prompts to do so. App users should follow the in-app prompts to vote for their chosen singer(s) during the voting window. Up to a maximum of five (5) in-app vote on each registered mobile device is allowed per voting window. Each account registered will allow the use of up to six (6) mobile devices. There is no charge when voting within the app although data charges from the user’s network operator may apply. Each voting window will open and close as indicated in the Programme. In the event that the vote is frozen during an episode of the Programme, the period before the freeze and the period after the freeze will be treated as two (2) voting windows. At the end of the first voting window (when the vote is frozen) any unused votes will be lost. When the vote reopens app users will be given another five (5) free votes for the second (post freeze) voting window.
References to “a singer” in these terms and conditions means a musical act (whether an individual or a group) that features as a competition entrant on the Programme.
If there are technical or other issues with the Phone, MSDC, or App, the Promoter and Programme Producers reserve the right to discount the Phone, MSDC and/or App (as applicable) and announce the result of the vote without including those affected votes.
The Promoter is unable to confirm the integrity of and is not responsible for any vote services promoted outside the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man or for any unofficial voting methods as these are not within their control. Votes must not be sent in through agents or on behalf of another person, and viewers cannot submit votes as an agent of any other person. The Promoter and the Programme producers reserve the right to discount votes if they have reasonable grounds to suspect they have been made from outside the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man, from unofficial third party voting services or otherwise in breach of any applicable terms and conditions.
Please note that the Promoter and the Programme producers are unable to confirm the integrity of any other voting method except for the official voting system and numbers promoted and displayed within the Programme. The Promoter and the Programme producers reserve the right to discount votes from third party voting services where applicable.
If for any reason there is a discrepancy between the numbers advertised on air and those given on any other platforms, then the numbers on air will prevail and the vote shall proceed on that basis.
Please note it is not possible to vote via any method not stated in these terms and conditions.
Vote lines are opened and closed as specified in the Programme.
Users of the app are limited to five (5) free votes on each mobile device per voting window. While you may vote as many times as you like, the Promoter believes that any votes for one singer, which are received from any one recognised number in excess of six hundred (600) votes during one voting window are deemed to be designed to excessively manipulate the outcome of the vote and are unfair to other users and other singers. Therefore, if you vote for one singer more than six hundred (600) times during one voting window from any one platform, the Promoter and the Programme producers reserve the right to disqualify any votes made above that number, having regard to all the circumstances and information available at the relevant time. The Promoter and/or the Programme producers may in their sole discretion contact voters who have voted in excess of the permitted levels.
The Promoter and the Programme producers reserve the right to conduct a vote freeze or freezes at any time. In the event of a vote freeze the following will apply:
The first part of the vote will be open for a limited period only and the viewers will be informed on air that voting lines have been frozen. The results of the public vote at the time of lines being frozen will be announced and the specific number of singers with the least public votes will, at the sole discretion of the Promoter/Programme producers, be eliminated from the competition, or go into a sing-off and/or face the coaches. An on-air announcement will be given to inform viewers that voting lines have re-opened and the public can vote for the remaining singers. For the avoidance of doubt, all votes (including app votes) received by singers going through to the next stage of voting prior to the lines being frozen are carried forward to the next stage of voting.
The outcome of the vote will be shown in the Programme.
Semi-final: Saturday 30 March 2019
• The public vote will open after all nine (9) remaining singers have performed on the semi-final show.• The four (4) singers with the highest number of votes when the public vote closes will proceed to the final on Saturday 6 April 2019.• The five (5) singers with the lowest number of votes when the public vote closes will be eliminated from the competition.
If there is a tie vote in the semi-final, which results in there being more than four (4) singers eligible to proceed to the next stage, then tied singers will proceed to the Final.
In each case, the elimination format, and any specific terms relating to that week’s elimination, will be announced in the applicable on-air interaction information before voting opens.
Any variation on the format of elimination as set out in these terms and conditions will be announced in the Programme and such format as announced in the Programme will prevail.
Final: Saturday 6 April 2019
• The public vote will open after all remaining singers have performed their first song on the show following which the public vote will be frozen.• The two (2) singers with the lowest number of votes when the public vote is frozen will be eliminated from the competition.• Each of the remaining singers will then perform a second song (which may be as a duet with their own coach), following which the public vote will reopen and app users will be given another five (5) votes for this second voting window of the final. Any unused votes from the first voting window of the final will be lost. • The one (1) singer with the most votes when the public vote is closed will be declared the winner of the competition.
If the results at the point of vote freeze are unavailable for any reason or there is a tie at the point of vote freeze, the Programme producers may at their sole discretion determine the winner from the results of the semi-final.
If there is a tie vote in the Final, which results in there being more than one (1) singer receiving the lowest number of votes (i.e. a bottom two (2), a bottom three (3) or a tie between all four (4) singers) then the eliminated singer will be determined by aggregating previous public vote totals cast during the semi-final stage for each tied singer.
If there is a tie for the winner, this will be determined by looking at the results from the previous vote freeze for third and fourth place.
If any of the singers are unable to perform or are prevented from performing fully in the Programme for any reason, including without limitation medical reasons, then the Programme producers may at their sole discretion decide whether that singer will continue in the competition; ask that singer to re-perform; end that singer’s participation in the Programme; or use footage from the dress rehearsal in substitution of a live performance, having regard to all circumstances and information available to them at the relevant time. The Programme producers will at their sole discretion determine if another singer may be allowed to enter the competition.
If there are any issues with the Phone, MSDC or app vote before the vote opens, because of a technical failure or for any other reasons beyond the Programme producer’s or Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter and Programme Producers reserve the right to either cancel the affected voting method and continue with whichever voting methods are unaffected; or ask the coaches to decide which singer(s) will be eliminated.
If there are any issues with the Phone, MSDC or app vote after the vote opens, because of a technical failure or for any other reasons beyond the Programme producer’s or Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter and Programme Producers at their sole discretion will decide whether to postpone, suspend or cancel the entire vote; to proceed with the votes counted up to the point of any technical failure or with whichever voting method(s) is/are unaffected; or ask the coaches to decide which singer(s) will be eliminated.
The Programme producers and Promoter reserve the right to terminate any singer’s participation if at their sole discretion they deem the singer to have acted inappropriately or the singer refuses to participate in the Programme in any way.
The Programme producers and/or coaches may at their discretion reintroduce a singer seen in the earlier stages of the competition, which was previously eliminated by any of the coaches.