Baking super-influencer Jane Dunn and her world famous cookies
She’s the superstar baking influencer, with over one million followers across her social media platforms, but today Jane Dunn is bringing Jane’s Patisserie to our kitchen.
She’s got the perfect recipe to bake with the family over the summer holidays - her gooey NYC style chocolate chip cookies!
NYC choc chip cookies
125g unsalted butter
100g soft light brown sugar
75g granulated sugar
1 egg (medium or large)
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp sea salt
150g dark chocolate chips or chunks
150g milk chocolate chips or chunks
1. Put the butter and both sugars into a bowl and beat together until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat again.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and sea salt and mix until a cookie dough is formed. Add the chocolate chips or chunks and mix until well combined.
3. Portion the dough out into eight balls – they should weigh about 120g each. Once rolled into balls, put the cookie dough in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or in the fridge for an hour or so.
4. While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 200C / 180C fan and line two baking trays with parchment paper. Put the cookie dough balls on the lined baking trays and bake for 12 -14 minutes.
5. Once baked, leave the cookies to cool on the trays for at least 30 minutes, as they will continue to bake while cooling.
6. You can reheat the cookies in the microwave for 30 seconds, or in the oven for 2-3 minutes to serve warm.