Clodagh McKenna's quick and easy no bake lemon cheesecake
Want to impress your friends with a delicious dessert? Clodagh’s making a gorgeous creamy lemon cheesecake with a hazelnut biscuit base for extra crunch and flavour.
Clodagh McKenna's lemon cheesecake with hazelnut crumb
250g digestive biscuits
140g hazelnuts (80g for the base, 60g for the crumb on top)
100g butter, melted and cooled
300ml double cream
340g cream cheese
Zest of 3 lemons, juice of 2 lemons
150g caster sugar
1. Line the base of an 18cm springform cake tin with parchment paper.
2. Place the digestive biscuits and 80g hazelnuts in a blender and blend until you get a breadcrumb like consistency. Then pour in the butter and blend for 30 seconds. Spoon the biscuit base into the prepared tin and use the back of a spoon to smooth it flat. Put the tin into the fridge to chill while you make the topping.
3. Whip the cream using a whisk or mixer, once the cream is whipped, add in the sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice and zest and whisk together until you get a light fluffy texture.
4. Remove the baking tin from the fridge and spoon in the lemon mixture. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the top. Finely chop the remaining 50g hazelnuts and sprinkle around the edge of the top of the cheesecake.
5. Place the cheesecake into the fridge for at least 2 hours to set fully. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
6. I like to finish off the cheesecake by decorating it with flowers and another zest of lemon.