Clodagh's 20 minute ginger and soy salmon
Clodagh's helping you get dinner on the table in under 20 minutes, using just five ingredients. She’s in the kitchen with her ginger & soy salmon parcels - guaranteed to pack a punch with flavour, served up with a tomato and avocado salsa.
20 minute ginger and soy salmon parcels
2 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
4 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp runny honey
2 fresh red chilli, de-seeded and thinly sliced
4 filets of salmon, (approx 140g each)
Avocado and tomato salsa
2 ripe tomatoes, cut into cubes
1 avocado, cut into cubes
½ fresh red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
½ red onion, diced
1 lime, juice and zest
1 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC. Cut four 30cm pieces of tin foil and top each with a 15cm piece of baking/parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix together the fresh ginger, soy sauce, honey and chilli. Place the salmon filets in the bowl and cover with the mix and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
3. While the salmon is marinating, make the salsa by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl (tomatoes, avocado, chillies, red onion, lime, and olive oil). Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
4. Once the salmon has marinated, place a salmon on each piece of paper and spoon the marinade on top. Fold up the edges of paper and foil to enclose fish, scrunching foil at top to seal.
5. Place fish parcels onto a baking tray and cook in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
6. Place fish parcels on warmed plates.Open up the parcels and spoon the salsa on top along with some fresh rocket leaves and a wedge of lemon.