Clodagh McKenna's 20 minute turbo tacos!
It’s family taco time! As the weather warms up, Clodagh’s showing you how to whip up a delicious summer feast in just 20 minutes!
She’s showing you how to get the whole family involved in the cooking, with her DIY Turbo Tacos!
Clodagh's turbo tacos
2 x 200g packs of tempeh
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chilli flakes
1½ tbsp light soy sauce
½ tbsp maple syrup
4 soft corn tortillas, warmed
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
½ small red cabbage, thinly sliced
2 ripe avocados, mashed with a squeeze of lime juice
Small bunch of coriander, leaves picked
Pinch of chilli flakes
1 lime, sliced into wedges
1. Place the tempeh in a bowl and crumble into small chunks with your hands.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and fry for 3 minutes until softened.
3. Add the tempeh to the pan and fry for another 5 minutes until slightly golden.
4. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds until fragrant before adding the spices, soy sauce and maple syrup. Stir everything together and fry for another 2 minutes. Season to taste.
5. Spoon the tempeh mixture into the warm tortillas with the red cabbage, tomatoes and mashed avocado. Top with a scattering of coriander leaves, chilli flakes and a squeeze of lime juice
Substitutes for tempeh:
Quorn mince, black beans or smoked tofu, or if meat try pulled chicken, pulled pork or mince meat.