Clodagh's 'beat the bloat' breakfast
Clodagh’s in the kitchen with the perfect breakfast to banish the post-summer bloat. And they’re her most requested recipe - she’s making her glow juice and beauty bars for the ultimate morning pick me up.
Get the glow juice
1 beetroot (scrubbed and chopped into cubes)
2 carrots (washed and sliced)
2 tbsp fresh turmeric (sliced)
Juice of 1 lime
200ml water (only if using a blender)
2-3 cubes of ice
1. Place all the ingredients in a juicer and blend until you reach a smooth consistency. That’s it!
Makes 12 bars
260g jumbo porridge oats
100g dried apricots, roughly chopped
½ tsp nutmeg, and ground ginger
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
6 tbsp maple syrup
60ml sunflower or vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180C /Gas 4. Line a 8” square baking pan with parchment paper, letting a bit of excess paper hang over the sides.
2. Place the jumbo porridge oats in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds and then transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the apricots, spices and seeds.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup and the sunflower oil, and then stir them into the dry ingredients. Keep mixing until all the ingredients are well combined.
4. Put the mixture in the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. Bake in the pre-heated oven for around 25 minutes or until they are a light golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for about 15 minutes.
6. Remove to a cutting board (the parchment paper will act as a sort-of sling, making this very easy). Cut into individual granola bars.